Covid-19 Precautions & Temporary Closure
In the interest of our SusanDoesTaxes team and our customers – AND IN COMPLIANCE WITH STATE ORDERS SAFEGUARDING BUSINESSES NON-ESSENTIAL TO HUMAN LIFE – we are quarantining files for the next two weeks to ensure no contamination is passed to us or you, however, we are OPEN FOR BUSINESS. We are treating each file and client with the utmost respect and as if everyone is contaminated. As such, any active files that we have on hand are being handled with the utmost care, used on surfaces treated after each file, and separated from all other files when processed. We want to keep everyone in the greater SusanDoesTaxes family safe and healthy. Most importantly, we are doing everything in our power to ensure that your filings are addressed with safety and expediency without spreading illness to you or your neighbors.
To further our level of self and community protection, we are enabling the following processes for drop-offs and pick-ups as follows and effective immediately:
PHYSICAL DROP-OFFS: Though we are allowed to operate, our doors will remain locked. Between 9am and 6pm, drop-offs will be accepted but without face-to-face contact. A plastic bin is placed at the backdoor of our office (where the handicap ramp allows building access). Please call, text, or knock on the windows nearest the paved parking lot to notify us of the drop-off. After that, any questions from either party will be handled over the phone, via email, or through text messaging.
VIRTUAL DROP-OFFS: A viable solution that is strongly encouraged is to use our Secure File Pro Portal. If you have access to the internet and can scan or capture digital images of your documents, we can set up a dedicated folder for you to upload your information. This can also work for your signature pages and any additional pieces of information not included in your original drop off.
We will contact you once your return is complete and we offer options for pick-ups as well.
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: I can save your signature pages to a folder on my Secure File Pro Portal and have you sign and repost your pages for me to process your return.
- Call or text me when you arrive and are parked in the lot behind the building – paved lot at 8 South Main Street. I will bring out your return for signature and payment. If you will be paying by credit/debit card, include that in your text message or conversation.
- If you are in no hurry for your return (i.e. you owe), there is no problem letting your file sit here for two weeks while you are self-quarantining and/or until the State of Pennsylvania lifts the closure of businesses.
- I can mail your signature pages for you to sign and mail back – NOT ADVISED due to the potential of exposure. This will also require mailing the payment back with your signatures.
- Files cannot be processed until signature pages are signed and payment has been received. Once that has occurred digitally or in person, I will process your return. Then, as long as payment has been rendered, you can take your file. If you’d rather come in person, we will not be able to give your files back to you until you: 1) Let me know when you will be coming and I will meet you at your car in the parking lot behind my building. 2) Call or text me and I will come out with your folder. 3) Have your payment form ready if you haven’t paid already. We will try and limit any exposure time and have you on your way in a few minutes. If you have any questions, I ask that you call and we can review over the phone. AGAIN, face-to-face pick-ups and meetings will be limited to safeguard everyone.
- If using the Secure File Pro Portal, once your signature page is uploaded and you have paid through credit card or via check received through the mail, your file will be submitted to the IRS and state revenue offices and your file can be downloaded for your purposes.
Please take heed of every precaution presently available and forthcoming from local, state, and national sources. Most importantly, may we all practice kindness and common sense as we work through this time of uncertainty. Thank you!
With two decades working with startups and small businesses, we have the experience to ensure your AR/AP and other accounting needs are in good hands. Cash or accrual, we can keep your books in good order.
We provide simple, streamlined payroll services for small businesses and local nonprofit organizations. Whether weekly, biweekly or monthly – we make sure your staff is paid on time and all applicable taxes and deductions are processed.
Tired of long nights trying to understand new tax laws? Have questions regarding the health marketplace and its impact on your wallet? Taxes are what we do otherwise it wouldn’t be in the business name.
Susan Does more than Taxes
As an accounting graduate of the University of Pittsburgh, Susan Rozsas Short has the practical skillset to handle more than just 1099s. Over the past twenty years, Susan has served companies in Western Pennsylvania and Washington DC as a consultant, staff accountant, HR specialist, reporting manager, finance director, and chief financial officer.
Her roots in Canonsburg go back over ninety years, and family ties drew her back to Washington County. Since returning and establishing Susan Does Taxes informally in 2011 she has served nearly a thousand different households and dozens of small businesses and organizations. Her main goal now is to give the families of the region a professional service for a fair and honest price.
Still have questions? Want to get your ducks in a row before a tax deadline? We can set a time to chat or go over your particular needs.
It's not too late to file your extension!